A Building Energy Rating is a calculation of a buildings energy performance used for space heating and cooling, water heating, ventilation, and lighting based on standard occupancy. It is similar to the energy rating found on all household electrical appliances and like these it is used to demonstrate energy efficiency and running costs.
As of 1st July 2008, it has been a legal requirement that all new commercial buildings must have a Commercial BER Certificate indicating the energy performance of the building.
It is also a legal requirement for all existing buildings to have a “Display Energy Certificate” on display in a prominent location clearly visible for the public.
Benefits of improving your buildings energy efficiency:
- Higher Asset Value: Buildings that are certified as energy efficient command higher rental rates, higher sale values and are more sought after by companies and tenants.
- Reduced Energy Costs: With improved energy efficiency a building will see much lower electrical bills and other energy costs.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions: Help the environment and contribute to climate change by cutting down on your building’s carbon footprint.
- Improved Conditions: Better indoor air quality and steady, moderate temperatures can improve the comfort of your building’s occupants and may even increase employee productivity.
- Better Company Image: A commitment to energy efficiency goes a long way in today’s eco-conscious economy. By displaying a good BER rating a building can attract the right kind of consumer, tenant and stakeholder and provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Reasons to improve your BER
Commercial BER – AMV Systems:
AMV Systems professionals can advise you on affordable and effective ways in which to improve upon your buildings energy efficiency offering;
- Renewable resource alternatives such as solar panels, bio-mass burners, Heat pumps and wood pellet burners,
- Regular maintenance of your heating and cooling units to increase and prolong their efficiency,
- Facility management in which we will maintain all equipment within the building making sure they all operate at the optimum level and,
- Specialist filtration such as UVC Filters which not only reduces HVAC energy consumption by up to 20% but also kills 99% of all bacteria and produces clean high quality air throughout your building.
For more information on Commercial BER and Improving energy efficiency please fill in our Contact form or contact us directly through the numbers provided on our Contact page